19 October 2008

The Problem With Staying Current...

I really admire bloggers who can post daily. My problem is that if I have plenty of time to post something in the evening, then my life must not be that interesting/busy. If my life is interesting enough, I am worn out and don't feel like posting at the end of the day. Oh well. I have recently been chided into an update, since S and I have several things going on now, the most overwhelming of which is a renovation of our bathroom. It is rather disruptive as you might imagine.

We live in a condo building that was built in the 1960's. The bathroom was very, shall we say, evocative of the era. And it had not been updated. In fourty years. That is the largest of several recent or ongoing home improvement projects and some before and during shots are posted. It should be finished Tuesday, after which I will post the after photos.

As you may be able to see, the new tile is basic, timeless, white, subway tile with a black accent. After living with the retro sixties Pepto Bismol color for a few years, we though classic was the way to go. Things like bathrooms and kitchens last a long time and are major infrastructure investments. So we don't see much point in trendy decorating. If we want a trendy bathroom, we will change the towels. We think in twenty years, when someone else owns our condo, they will appreciate the choice.

No comments: