18 August 2007

Here We Go Again...

The last time The Lovely S left me for the weekend was about two years ago. I bought a new lemon zester and made a few martinis (avec twist). A few too many martinis. It resulted in a phone call that was amusing and memorable to her, but which I don't remember at all. It was a while before I could drink gin again. Fortunately I have learned to intersperse my cocktails with mineral water.

This weekend S is again visiting relatives in Phoenix and I am left here alone to drink, smoke, and steal cars for joyriding. Dinner this evening consists of homemade focaccia, hummous, and dark and stormies. In an effort to distract myself, I drunk dialed my friend Corey who is also left home alone in Minniapolis without his favorite bar tender. Fortunately, he cannot wander too far as the bridge is out.

All things considered, it has been a productive weekend. I went shopping, washed laundry, watered S's plants, worked out, took Cosmo in for his annual cardiologist visit (feline juvenial cardiomyopothy), watched the best Most Haunted EVER, visited the craft store for some framing supplies, made gumbo, patched the bedroom walls after some redecorating, hung some photos, went for a run, and will pick S up tomorrow afternoon.

And what happened down there? If blogger wasn't so prone to malfunctions, I would think I had been hacked. But I have a hard time believing I am hackworthy. At any rate, I don't feel like reposting. The upshot is I predict Giuliani in 2008. Besides, I felt bad that I was so hard on Dub. Not for his sake, but for Poppy's. Everybody likes Poppy and he doesn't need to hear Dub trashed.

So with all the chores done and Thursday being the cleaning lady's day, the house is all spruced up and cozy, but no S. I guess I'll try to stay out of trouble tonight and will be looking forward to seeing her tomorrow.

Less than four weeks until S and I take leave for our "Summer" vacation at the lake! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Melissa C Morris said...

so i know you're all about the bear grylls show -- what do you think of all this controversy with him and the motel stays during filming?