29 January 2008

Another Brilliant Prediction

Oh look. I remembered the password to my blog! Yes, I'm still here and am out of hibernation to post some more of my obviously insightfull campaign comments. If you don't remember, I predicted Rudy as the big winner. Not just of the Republican primary but of the whole enchilada. My bad!

I am watching the Florida primary now, where Rudy wanted to make his big stand, and it will not go well for him. It was always an unconventional strategy to wait so long to enter the fight, but should have been manageable. He never really had a Big Idea or proposal other than having led NYC during 9/11, though. I still think he had qualities that would have been attractive in a presidential candidate, but he didn't make it.

Another one of my winners was predicting that there would be far more latent racism working against Obama than there seems to have been. I'm happy that I seem to have been wrong on that one so far.

But I don't want to keep you in suspense. Lets turn away from the past and look to the future:

It has obvs narrowed down to Romney or McCain on the Repub side, and I have a feeling that McCain will edge Romney out. At the end of the day I think McCain will be able to form more of an emotional bond with voters. They like human candidates. J/K Mittens! Mittens has a lot to recommend him but has not exactly been inspiring thus far. I am not confident about this one. I would not be surprised either way, but I'll bet on McCain.

Neck and neck between Obama and Hill. Don't forget about Edwards. Although he won't win (so we get to keep our right to own personal property, yeah!) he does command enough support that his endorsement could be clutch for (probs) Obama. But I digress... I would have to pick Obama as the winner here. I think the recent bleeding in terms of endorsements is really ominous for Hill. No Democrat with hopes for a future wants to be on the wrong side of that endorsement and many many have come out for Obama recently. This means one of two things or perhaps both: (1) Dems know something and are confident Obama is the right side to take, or (2) they are actually so disgusted by the coke dealer allegations, racial insinuations, and sundry Clintonesque dirty tricks that they are willing to stand up for Obama. Only The Oprah knows! Am I the only one who remembers the Clinton years? This should not surprise. Its how they do business. Baseball bats applied to the kneecaps. One prediction that is solid: If Hill wins I will shoot my television sometime during her administration. With Obama I could probably cling to sanity.

For the general, do not expect any Dem to walk away with it. For several elections, the country has been very narrowly split and that hasn't really changed. The Bush fatigue, contrary to what most pundits say, I think will not be a factor. People are well aware Bush is not on the ballot and any Republican is likely to pursue policies as different from Bush's as a Democrat's would be. It will be a nail biter in Novemeber. I would actually give the edge to Republicans because I can see a lot of animosity generated against either Obama or Clinton. I would be more confident in a Republican victory if Clinton were the nominee.

There it is folks! Lets hope its as acurate as the last!

No comments: